With a kid?

So my boyfriend and I dont do much on the nights we get together because I have a daughter and often no babysitter. I am sick of sitting at home, but I dont know what to do other than go out to eat. He is coming over friday night, and I want to leave the house. I need some Ideas on what to do. Thanks ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• you need a good friend who you can exchange babysitting services with. You watch her kids one night and she watches yours one night.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:05 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• how old is your child? When i first started dating my dh my son was 2. We would go to movies, go play put put, chuckie cheeses, bowling, walks around the mall, the parks, there is all kinds of fun stuff to do. The way i saw it is. If you are gonna be with me then you are gonna be with my kid. We are a package. Whoever you are going to be with needs to see what they are getting into and if they dont like it then they can leave
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• How old is your kid? Look up kid-friendly or family friendly places in your area. My kids love going to the museum, zoo, park, or just strolling around the mall. Do you have any friends you can trade babysitting services with? Or what about a nieghborhood teen who could babysit for a few hours?
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• She is four. I can think of a million things I would like to do, but its winter lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• You might think this daft at first and maybe it's not possible anyway but try and do a college course together. A short one, or one that just runs one night a week. My hub and I did this when our first was small. It beat sitting silently at the pictures or eating meal after meal out. We made new friends and had something enw to chat about together. There are regular courses (languages, computers etc) but there are quirky courses around these days too. Maybe? Otherwise, why not drive out somewhere new and just walk. Take a bottle of wine and some glasses in the car too? xxx
    JoojooJW

Answer by JoojooJW at 9:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Wow. Taking a course together is a unique idea, I have never heard of that before, but I love it. Thats awesome.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• My daughter was 4 months old when I met and I didn't have her around him for a while. I wanted to make sure he was right for me before he was spending time with my daughter. Now, 2 years later, he's still around, and she loves him. I dont really believe in having another man around children before you KNOW the guy real well. It can screw up the kid to have different men around. Trust me, I know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• We kknow each other very well, I have known him since I was 16, we are 24 now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Anyone else? lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Hmmm, four years old? Maybe bundle up and go sledding, build a snow man, and bring a thermos of hot chocolate for after. My local library is really kid friendly, and you could check stuff out for your kid but also get a movie for you and BF to watch after she is in bed. Chucky Cheese would probably be fun for a four year old. Do you have any kids museums in your town, or even regular museums often have kids or family nights. Going to the movies, too. I know winter is hard, I am thinking but this is all I have come up with. Whatever you do- have fun!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2010