a very tmi ? but would like to know!

I have had lose bowl movements for 2 weeks now... What in the world could be causing this.. I will be 16 weeks on saturday... My last pregnancy I couldn't ever go this one I can't stop going.. lol ... but my belly is so bloated and gassy.. I just don't know what is causing this.. can anyone help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's pretty natural. I had phases during my pregnancy. I'd have diarrhea for a week, then a few weeks later I couldn't go at all Keep track of what you're eating - that's usually the problem.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:03 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Not sure if this applies to you, but when I had horrible heartburn, doc said liquid Maalox. Yeah, well, drink enough of that and you'll get loose stools. So if you're taking anything like that, reduce the amount.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• it comes and goes.. I was wicked constipated for the first 13 weeks.. then really loose for 2 or 3.. then it leveled out. Pay attention to your cravings and what your eating.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Try to eat more fiber--and lots of real cheese (not the American Cheese, eat kinds like Cheddar or Colby or even Swiss) Ease off on a lot of milk if you are drinking extra, too much can add to the problem. Lay off all the legumes, you know what beans do, well during pregnancy peanuts, green peas, green beans, lentils can do the same. Oh and are you drinking a lot of juice? Stop it for a week or so. Mostly, time will help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Isn't pregnancy weird? I remember reading that symptoms you can have during pregnancy are constipation, or diarhea. Exhasution, or insomnia. Increased sex drive, or no sex drive. It was like you could basically have any symptom, or its complete opposite. Makes it kind of hard to know what to expect. And every pregnancy is different. Maybe something in your diet is upsetting your stomach or maybe this is just a phase of this pregnancy and will pass soon. Maybe try some yogurt, it is supposed to help digestion and regularity. I wish I had more advice for you.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Yes! Yogurt is great! Try it. If THAT doesn't work, call your OB or his nurse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2010