Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is the name of the shot they give you to get your period back?

i had my last depo shot in june 09 and still have not gotten my period since then. The doctor said if i have not started by April that they will give me some kind of shot to try to help my period start. Anyone know the name of it? Are there any risk to getting it or anything? Just would like some info on it if you have any please. thank you

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

Answers (4)
  • Probably Progesterone. I took it in pill form for the same reason.


    Answer by GothicMommy3 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

  • I've never heard of a shot, just the pill.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

  • i think you are talking about provera it can( i think) came in the shot or pill.

    Answer by mrs.rucker943 at 12:50 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

  • my dr gave me colmid ( i think thats how you spell it) that started my cycles back up

    Answer by deverrick at 10:55 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.