Have you ever felt guilty for having children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I felt guilty when I first got pregnant. My cousin was (and still is) TTC, and I know she'd make a wonderful mother. She had just suffered through several false positive tests, only to discover she wasn't pregnant. I felt guilty, because mine was a suprise -we weren't even trying. I know it upset her, but she was still very supportive. When my daughter was born, I could tell she was upset when she came to the hospital to visit - but she did it anyway.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:06 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• No guilt whatsoever! I love being a Mama!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Well with our first child, my hub was less than thrilled. We were young, hadn't been married that long and he was terrified. So yea I had some guilt with that. When we got preggers with Child number 2, I didn't feel guilty till after I had her. Then it was the guilt of loving another child as much as I love my son. Just new mama baby blues.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:06 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• yes
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• not with my first.. but know I am on number 2 and I feel guilty because I am bring another child in and it scares me.. My son is my life and I don't know how I am going to split that feeling for 2... it is a weird feeling..... My son is 5 and is very excited about the baby so that does help a lot!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Only when I watch the news and see another kidnapped, raped, or killed child. Then I think, What did I bring my kids into?
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• nope.

not one little second.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• guilty hmm why would u feel that unless you were doing something wrong???
    idk people amaze me these days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• yes. I hate this world I have brought my son into. And I am afraid (mostly bc of DH) that the end of the world will happen before DS is grown and I won't be able to protect him. BTW DH is conviced it will be zombies. I cant tell you haw many dream I have had where zombies kill DS and I wake up crying. It's so Fed up! even bought a t shirt that says Shut the F up the world isn't going to end in 2012.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i don't really feel strong guilt but sometimes i think, we should have adopted, so many children out there without families. we could have given a troubled child a good home, instead of getting pregnant.

i'm surprised no one else interpreted the question this way.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 11, 2010