cars

i am looking for a used car i found a 1996 Jeep grand cherokee for $1800 OBO i am going to look at it this afternoon the man said everything works on the car but it needs a paint job the car is black but the hood is just the gray color paint my question is how much should i try and talk him down since he said Best offer?? i have never bought a car before please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 1200
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Before you offer him anything take it to a mechanic. Jeeps are like sports cars they get run through the mill. there could be something major worng with it or something like the transmission or clutch going bad.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Be Safe and Careful! Do you have anyone to take along? I wouldn't go alone for my own safety. I'd really listen to the engine carefully! See if there's any sounds I don't like! Any smells, noises, squeals Etc.. Is it a automatic? How's the 4 wheel drive? How's the tires? The transmission? How many miles? Why is he getting rid of it? Be Careful!! Don't jump if you feel its Bad or some major concern, Walk!! Check online for 'issues with it! Best of Luck! I hope you find what you need. I hope it works out! Its a hard issue to find a good used Car. I'm hoping its Safe & Sound.

Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:04 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Do you have any friends who know about cars and engines who would be willing to go with you? That would be ideal.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:35 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Is this an AWD Jeep? Those get really crappy gas mileage and have a lot of problems. I believe the AWD only comes in 8 cylinders.
    DEFINITELY have it checked out by a mechanic.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 11, 2010