TMI alert re Herpes

do Herpes hurt? do they pop up out of nowhere no day? I have 2 sores on my vagina, one right next to the opening and one up higher on the lip. At first I thought it was ingrown hair, until I realized I had 2 and what are the odds of having 2 ingrown hairs at the exact same time? It's just the 2, and they're really sore to the touch. Not a pimple or anything like that. so, does anyone have an idea what it might be, and and any good sites I can check to compare symptoms? I did a search but didn't get anything. I suck at searches.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Health

• You need to go to the DR and have them tested. Yes, herpes can be just one blister and they are very sore. You need to know if you have it to protect yourself and your partner. Nothing to be embarassed about.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Got to your doctor or if you don't have one go to Planned Parenthood. If that is what it is, you need medicine ASAP and your partner has to be told. Doctors have seen much worse than herpes. Unfortunately it's too common.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• OP here: I made my partner look at it...lol...he couldn't tell what it was. Is there anyway for them to know how long I've had it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• No on the how long....Big fat yes on the please go to the doctor for further determinations and treatment. Might be something, might not....best just to get it looked over and put your mind at ease.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• You need to go to the doctor right away. Herpes are like cold sores, in fact they are caused by the same general virus. If it looks and feels like a cold sore, it's most likely herpes. The doctor can tell you what to use to allieviate the outbreak and put it in remission. If you have a regular partner, he or she will need to be tested too, and if they by some luck haven't contracted it yet, (and if they weren't the one who gave it to you in the first place) both of you will have to take precautions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• The general incubation time for Herpes is about two weeks. My understanding is, unless things have changed in the last few years and your doctor will know more of course, this is not something that lies dormant for months or years before the first outbreak.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• OP again: I don't have a dr. Should I go to a GYN? or any dr? I've never had a cold sore, so I dont' know if it looks like one or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• OP again: also, do I need to go while I have the sore, or can they test anytime? I mean what if they can't get me in for a week or two and it's gone by then, will they still be able to test me for it? I know, probably a dumb question, but I know NOTHING about these things. I've had no reason to up till now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Yes, they will do a pap smear and test for herpes.
    TakeNoticeNow

Answer by TakeNoticeNow at 11:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• OP here: I found a dr and made an appt for the 22nd. If the spot is gone by then they'll still be able to test right? Thanks for all the answers! I wasn't concerned at first, but I am now :(
    Anonymous