do u ever feel overwhemled when it comes to housework and caring for sick kids?

for me its one of those days =( im behind on housework cause i spent the day with my hubby do pretty much nothing while kids were in school. he left this morning for a 2 day business trip. just after he left my 2 youngest got sick with stomach flu...its gonna be a long 2 days. well im off to attempt to clean ugghh

gothmama91

Asked by gothmama91 at 10:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I feeel your pain, been there!
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:40 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• *raises hand with great enthusiasm*
    I finished up the laundry yesterday. I have to sweep/mop today. My dd is ill with an earache and a fever(taking her to the doc today) and my ds has a really dry cough(though he is as rambunctious as ever).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I was there last week and this weekend too. I have 8 million clothes to wash in hot water and I am running out of Lysol. You cannot care for kids and clean and disenfect at the same time. Let the housework go until the kiddies are better then clean the hell out of everything = with your hubby's help!
    GL!
    I feel your pain!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:43 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Yes, and every other day it seems! I forgot how hard it is to take care of a baby and still do housework unitl my second was born. It does not help that she is amazingly stubborn.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• yes i know just what you mean!
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• When my children (who are all grown now) were sick I focused on them and not on the housework so, no I never felt overwhelmed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• The thing that SAHM's need to understand is that we do not have to be supermom. If there are dishes in the sink, but your child wants to play a game, then the play a game with the child. Chores are always going to be there, and your house isn't going to crash down ontop of you if the chores have to wait. If my kids are sick then I take care of them, as they're first priority. Even if that means all of us snuggled up on the couch for the whole day watching movies.

I do clean my house, but I do not break my back to get everything done daily. I don't let myself get overwhelmed, because I don't see the point in pushing yourself to your breaking point. It is okay if we as SAHM's take a few minutes/few hours off. It won't hurt anyone and it'll keep us from going nuts.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• WTF

When my children (who are all grown now) were sick I focused on them and not on the housework so, no I never felt overwhelmed. - Anonymous

Some people are just rude ! Everyone has felt over whelmed at one time or another. ( besides anonymous b/c shes perfect )

yes.. I've felt overwhelmed I have two children a yr and a half apart.( now 6 - 8 ) sometimes I don't even try to clean much when their home. they are in school from 8 - almost 4. So I have time to do all the cleaning while they're in school. but my daughter is sick right now too and has been off school a couple days I can't just go with out doing chores because shes sick.. com'on
    meNmine

Answer by meNmine at 11:40 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I think everybody has those days where things all seem to go all out of whack. Just breath and take it one step at a time... I hope your little ones get to feeling better and your older ones help you clean. Best wishes hun.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 11:40 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Housework....YES! Sick kids, not at the moment. Can't help but be constantly behind on the housework these days. Am self-employed and work 10-14 hour days 7 days per week and it just never ever gets caught up. The income is nice with hubby out of work though, so I do not complain. : ) Perhaps he and I will invite our teens to a house cleaning party and get it done!
    Anonymous