Is it bad that i need a break?

I have a 2 year old and a 4 month old. Im a stay at home mom and im in the house all the time while my husband works. And i am so stressed out all the time. I dont feel like cleaning anymore because everyone expects me to do it and i clean everyday and its just the same ol' ruteen everyday. I get no help from anyone, i take care of my kids and clean and i never get a break and when i go a day without cleaning i get bitched at for it. My 2 year old gets into everything and i cant do nothing about it, my 4 month old cries ALL the time. I just cant handle it anymore! I need some advice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• You deserve a break! Are their friends or family nearby that can take care of the kids for a few hours while you spend some time doing something you enjoy?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• no its not bad everyone needs some time to relax. im a sahm i clean and cook and do all that, but if i skip a day i dont get bitched at. i do always tidy up her toys and everything because i cant stand to look at them spread across the house though! if you cant go out and do something for yourself then give the kids to the hubby and take a long hot bath or a long hot shower or sit in the bathroom and read hahaha my mom used to do that so she would have some time to relax.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• No there is nothing wrong with needing a break. I consider my self a part time SAHM ( I only work the weekends) but the other five days a week are SAH duties so I understand the needing a break. Only differance btwn you and me I get one when Saturday and Sunday roll around. Um...advice I would say leave the kids at home w/ dh and run to the store and take the long way both ways ;) Since I am on Maternity leave I am not getting any breaks either and I want to pull my hair out so what I did was waited for dh to get up and I took a very very long hot shower it was nice. If you can't leave the house I recommend that. Even though it was only 20 min it was 20 min by myself! I was refreashed. Or if your dh wont help wait til nap time and take one even if you don't need one take a long hot bubble bath give your self a mani and pedi while they sleep it will help your nerves. Remember kids feed off our energy! happy mom = happy kids!
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Anon 10:08 that is so funny my mom did the same thing that is where I learned it. That was her advice to me when I frist had my son.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Why can't you do anything about your toddler getting into things. Diciplin him. You're the parent, put that kid in his place.

Never, ever let yourself believe that because your husband works all day that he cannot come home and clean. The responsibility of the household is 50/50. As a SAHM we ARE 24/7 on duty. We don't get the breaks our husbands do, we don't get to clock out, we don't get even 10 minutes of uninterrupted time to ourselves. That's why I told my husband that he NEEDS to help out, because it is way too much for me to do 24/7. He put up a fit at first, but he eventually agreed and has been getting better and better. Your husband gets breaks at work, gets to clock out at the end of the day, he can come home and help you out. You would do the same for him if you were working and he was a SAHD.

Don't hesitate to tell him to shut up if he bitches at you. Take time for yousrelf, don't ask for it .. demand it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Of course it's not bad! every working person deserves a break and just because you are SAHM does not mean you're not working. You've got the toughest job of all because you work 24/7. You will be on call for the rest of your life.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• there is nothing wrong with needing a break, need you time heck needing to get away. Just cause you don't commute to a job doesn't mean you aren't working. Everyone needs some time now and then. : ) Hope you get it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Nope it's actually NORMAL. When your DH comes home from work, hand him the baby, point at where the bottles and food for the toddler are, and go out. For a walk, to the mall, to a friend's, for coffee, a movie, ANYTHING. Just get OUT of the house and don NOT worry about it. Your DH will figure things out and possibly gain a new appreciation for your job.

Oh and be sure to tell him to clean up while he looks after the kids..... ;)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2010