For moms with 4 kids or more....

How old are you? How old were you when you had your first child? How old were you when you had your last?

I am just curious because I am 22 and pregnant with twins... this will be babies #3 and 4 for us ... and none of them were planned. I had my first at 17 (almost 18), my second at 19, and now I'm 20 weeks pregnant with the twins.

I am just feeling very overwhelmed and not really sure what to expect. I just want to know if this really is uncommon or if there are other moms out there in my situation ... having so many kids at a young age.

Everyone keeps telling me how crazy things are gonna be and how hard it's going to be with 4 kids and I know they don't mean to but they are making me even more nervous. I know it won't be EASY but .... from your experience... how bad is it really? LoL

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would hightly recommend the "nuva ring" from now on...
    TakeNoticeNow

Answer by TakeNoticeNow at 11:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Actually I was using the NuvaRing when I got pregnant with my second son... but thanks for your opinion. And, in case you were wondering... I was on the pill when I got pregnant with the twins but and ER doctor put me on penicillin and didn't tell me that it would make the pill ineffective.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• *an ER doctor
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I've been pregnant 4 times. I had my first when I was 17.5, Second 2 months before I turned 19. Third I got pregnant the month before my 20th birthday (lost him at 5 months due to a knot in his umbilical cord) and then got pregnant when I was 20.5 with my fourth. Only the last one was semi planned (we were going to start trying that Oct. but I got pregnant in Sept. even though I was on the patch). First one I got pregnant on the pill (my mom did with me too, so it nooo good for me! lol!). Second I got pregnant from condoms and the third was just bad planning. lol!

So far 3 hasn't been that tough. The first few months were the hardest; when the 3rd was a newborn. But now that she's almost 8 months, things are pretty easy. I'm even able to be a full time student online through a local college. Just make sure you get them on a schedule as soon as you can. It makes things so much easier!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 12:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• hon ignore the BC answer. I have a pill baby too and I took mine religiously anytime one has sex there is a possibility you could get pregnant TakeNoticeNow. It happens. I only have three kids but was pregnant 5 times so-my first I got pregnant at 19 (lost the baby), second pill baby was at 22, my third pregnancy was at 26 and had my third at 36 and lost another baby at 37. No more for me. LOL.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i have always heard that the transition from 2 to 3 is easier than the transition from 1 to 2, not sure about from 2 to 4!!!! best wishes to you =)
    Anonymous

• I had my first when I was 17 then my next 1 when I was 19 I was also on the pill it don't work 4 me I had my 3rd 1 when I was 22 and my last 1 when I was 25 I'm 36 now and all I can say when they was younger it was hard but rewarding at the same time now they are older they eachothers bestfriends good luck
    Anonymous