is this weird

My 8 month old son only knows how to eat bottles lying down.. He dosen't know how to eat sitting up.. IS this weird do u think i should do something about it?? or leave it alone for now?? What should I do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• it seems developementally as a delay. you might want to talk to your pediatrician about that
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Well, babies are designed to be held by parents in an semi-upright position while drinking from a bottle/nursing. He associates bottle with that. You really should hold him and not let him lay down with it(ear infection reasons). Give him milk in a sippy cup...those are for sitting up on your own and drinking.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Hmm, IDK I have never heard of this! Will he eat when you hold him? As PP said, this can cause ear infections,,,,what does your doctor say? I don;t think it is a delay problem, just something he is used to! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:49 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Uhmmm, my daughter NEVER drank a bottle sitting up, she didn't lat flat, she would lay down on a pillow, but she never sat to drink a bottle..and she never got an ear infection. I've never heard that eventually babies should sit and drink their bottle, that seems silly to me.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• the thing is an 8 ,month old should know HOW to eat sitting up.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• An 8 month old CAN drink from a sippy cup sitting up. They associate the bottle with being in a reclined position. And if your child was on a pillow, that is ok. It when they lie flat to drink that the milk can pool up in their ears and cause infections.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Sit him in a feeding chair or high chair and give it to him. He'll figure it out. I never gave my twins bottles laying down once they were big enough to sit up in their feeding chairs. Even when they were babies they were fed propped up in our arms to help with reflux.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• When they were LITTLE babies I meant. Sorry.
    Allergic2Stupid