how do you put a baby carseat in shopping cart when you shop??(dumb question)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol it took me a little while to figure it out too dont worry you just put the part that locks into the base on the top part of the cart ( the front part of the cart ) and let the front rest right before the handle of it ( hope that makes sense to you )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• its not dumb, took me a couple of tries before i got it, lol. have the seat facing you and put the bar from the shopping cart in the space under the car seat until it clicks or is secure.
    Anonymous

• so it should click??? and that goes for all car seats??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• when my kids were babies i always put the car seat in the back never in the front I was afraid they would fall out and then we would get another cart for the food i never went shopping my myself
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 11:46 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• well i never go by myself i always wait for hubby to get home so that i can go alone... but when he's not home i end up shopping at walgreens or cvs for the meantime.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• mine worked like said above, it locked right onto the back of the front seat of the shopping cart, their feet right at the handle.
    Some stores, it wouldn't click, due to where the bars where and stuff, but the back of the seat went far enough into the slot that it wasn't going anywhere.

ugh! I hate seeing the poor baby in the car seat in the back of the cart surrounded by food! I feel so sorry the baby! And, yeah... not feasible to never go shopping alone...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• You really shouldn't put it in the top. It's NOT secure. I put it in the big part of the wagon. And when you put it in the top, it tilts back, too far IMO.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I always put it down inside - our carts must be different sizes here - they're too narrow for a seat to completely click on.

or I go to one of the stores with the upper and lower cart sections.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• IT should not be put on the top ever, its not safe. You put the seat in the cart. Personally i never used car seats outside of the car, i put my babies in a sling to do my shopping (hands free!)
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 12:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Yes it clicks if you put it on the top child seat area but the metal of the cart is too thin for it to truely hold the carrier....and the cart itself, as well as the directions for car seats, say to NEVER put the car seat carrier on the top part of the cart. If we use a cart and she's in her car seat, she goes in the large area with her thick blanket in the cart preventing her from rocking. If we need to buy more than what will fit in the small top portion we use her stroller for her and a cart for our items.

You can always use the shopping carts with a baby carrier built into it (but i'd put a blanket down first....ick they don't clean those things, you know theres "waste matter" on them. Or if baby is old enough to hold their head up you can get a shopping cart seat cover.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2010