did anyone else have trouble finding the strings to their Mirena IUD?

I just got the Mirena IUD yesterday and just to see what they felt like I attempted to check the strings but I couldn't find them. I know they are there, because like I said I just got it yesterday. I guess I'm just not reaching back far enough? Or maybe my cervix is just located pretty far back?

Anyone have any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Health

• Some times I can't find mine and I used to get nervous and really er... "dig in" (lol ew!) trying to find 'em but the truth is they bunch up or wrap around the cervix a little bit and aren't always easy to feel. Either take a break for a couple hours and try again, or have your significant other try. But don't stress about it. =) I find it easiest to do in the shower...

I had one for 2 years and then thought I was ready for another baby and had it taken out. Then I changed my mind and got one put back in and they put it in incorrectly and I had to have it removed in Urgent Care. Then I had my second daughter and I got it put back in and now I've had it for 3 years and I LOVE it!! It takes a little getting used to with some random side effects. Cramping and/or spotting after sex, and getting used to not having a period but spotting for a day or two per month where my issues. Send me a msg if you have any questions. =)
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 12:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2010