For moms of girls (and boys) born in the last 2 years or so...

We are having our first girl, our second child... And I am hoping to find the answers to a few problems we are having...

The best carseat and why?
Swing you used and why?

Ways to get Dad to bond with his new little girl (he is a great Dad to our son, but wanted another boy)

And the BEST MUST HAVE PRODUCT for baby

We were not planning on having another baby for a few year, our son just turned 1, and most of his baby stuff was passed to friends and so on... So any great info I would love!

And a great Big Brother Gift for a 17 month old would be great too!!

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 11:41 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• chicco keyfit 30 carseat lasts until the baby is 30lbs and we were told it was the best by the carseat person at the hospital...my favorite "must have" is the boppy lounger - not the boppy pillow (although they are great too) but the lounger is a big pillow that baby can lay in for the first few months - so much more comfy than any swing or bouncy seat. my dd spent SO much time in it her first 5 months or so!!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Looking for an infant car seat or convertible? Either way, one with a higher RF limit.
    I used the cradle swing that went side to side.
    Dad bonding...bath time, tummy time, just hang out with baby.
    Must have...boppy.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Best car seat- depends on what you are looking for... if you want and infant carrier I would probably get the Chicco Keyfit 30 if you want a convertible seat that will last longer I would get the FirstYears TrueFit Premier

Swing- we had a small swing that was able to fold and liked that
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I like the Truefit concertable carseat.
    We never use a swing.

The best baby product is a wrap (like the moby or some other sling/baby carrier)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I use the graco infant safe seat. Our daughter is almost 1 and she still fits in it. I got the fisher price rainforest swing, but she loathed it. She hates swings or being contained like that. A wrap like the moby was essential to me the first 4 mos bc my daughter refused to be put down. She was colicky and high maintenance and so I had to wear her everywhere! My husband and I always wanted a girl first, so he had no trouble bonding, in fact, he says that it's easier to cuddle and be affectionate with a girl than he thinks it would be with a boy! Congratulations.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• We got a hand-me-down of a Fisher-Price Papasan "My Little Lamb" Cradle Swing and that thing ROCKS! That would be the first thing I would buy again if I were starting over!

We also have the Chicco key-fit 30, it is SO easy to install land get it tight. The nurses in the NICU recommended it because we were bringing home baby at barely 4 lbs and wanted one that would fit a tiny baby safely. I was a little bummed at first when I saw the price, but later decided it was well worth it!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2010