Moms with Girls (and Boys) born in the last 2 or so years....

We are having our first girl, our second child... And I am hoping to find the answers to a few problems we are having...

The best carseat and why?
Swing you used and why?

Ways to get Dad to bond with his new little girl (he is a great Dad to our son, but wanted another boy)

And the BEST MUST HAVE PRODUCT for baby

We were not planning on having another baby for a few year, our son just turned 1, and most of his baby stuff was passed to friends and so on... So any great info I would love!

And a great Big Brother Gift for a 17 month old would be great too!!

Asked this in the baby one too! Sorry!!

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 11:42 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• lets see, my swing is the lil lamb one that cradles as well as the back and forth motion, and it is imo the BEST thing ever lol. We had hot meals and peaceful nights because our son loved it so much.another thing is the high chair that attatches to the kitchen chair versus standing alone. it saves alot of space and reclines in many positions until fnally child is upright and it goes right to the table. my 10 month old loves to sit there and play . something I feel is totally a waste? changing table. I bought one for first son and wish I had used the money for a better swing for him then. as for dad bonding...it will happen naturally , I wouldnt worry much. its not something that can be forced and tho he wanted another boy, that lil poppet will come out and he will melt, right around her finger lol.
    good luck!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:49 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I like Baby Trend brand carseats and they are they are rated #1 in safety. There are several travel systems with this car seat. There is a cute girl one at Target and Babies-R-Us.
    Anonymous

• I bought Baby Trend carseats for my twins because of high safety ratings in consumer reports. I'd check safety ratings on current models and then choose from the ones with the best ratings.

We also used a cradle/swing and loved it - ours was a nature sounds papasan style swing. I would advise trying to find one that has an electrical adapter because you can really use a lot of batteries if your baby uses it a lot. Mine did not have an electrical adapter and I ended up buying a battery charger and regargeable batteries.

Daddy will bond with his little princess once he meets her. My twins are boy/girl; my daughter prefers my husband, and my son prefers me.

The must haves for us were the swing, boppy pillow, and a decent stroller.
    Anonymous

• I had a Chicco carseat with DD#1 and a Peg Perego with DD#2, both are great and have received high safety ratings. Swing is a Fisher Price Papsan swing, it's great as well. Don't worry about bonding....Daddy will be fine. I knew DH secretly wanted a boy the second time, but he is totally in love with his two girls. There's a new bouncer out by Bright Starts that actually bounces on its own! It's looks really cool. I don't have it, but both DD's liked to bouce and having one that does it on its own would be great.
    MagnoliaQueen

Answer by MagnoliaQueen at 12:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i read consumer reports that say GRACO snugrides are actually quite safe. and they are affordable. now for an older infant, i think Britax are the best, or any that allow the child to Rear face as long as possible. but those are expensive...

i think dad will do great with his daughter once she is born =)

our son/we never liked swings. he did have a bouncy chair which he looooved, and so did we :)

congrats!!
    Anonymous

• I have a True Fit car seat and I love it. DD has been using it since she was 3 days old. It goes up to 35lbs rear facing and 65lbs FFing harnessed. I love it because I won't have to get her another seat until she's in a booster (in like 5 years!). The Fisher Price Ocean Wonders swing was DDs favorite place to be if I couldn't hold her. It was a hand-me-down from when DS was a baby. The most used/best love thing for me and baby in the first months was the Brestfriend Nursing pillow. It was so much more comfortable than the boppy for nursing. As far as Daddy bonding, it will just happen. My DH is in charge of bath time and that is his special time with the kids.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 2:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• evenflo has the only infant seat on the market that is tested and approved for side impact crashes.
    britax makes verygoo stuff, but is very pricey.
    graco snugride 32 is a good, affordable, durable seat.

i am getting a graco swing froma friend of mine, and its AWESOME. i dont know what model it is, but its like a cradle swing that has positions adjustments as the baby grows.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2010