I want to teach my girl to walk. Anyone have any tips?

I want to teach my girl to walk. She is already walking along walls. Anyone have any tips? Thanks :D

LagunaAlkaline

Asked by LagunaAlkaline at 11:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• One thing that I did that helped my son with balancing was walk around the house with him by holding only one of his hand. Eventually he'd have such good balance that when he'd get distracted, I'd slowly let go of his hand (being careful not to jerk it out so he loses balance) & he'd stand all on his own. Once he realized he was doing it by himself he started taking a few steps on his own towards toys & our animals. Now he only walks at night when he's sleepy & it's frustrating because he'll walk halfway across our large living room & have a ball doing it. Then the next day crawl everywhere or cruise.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• You can't really "teach" her, she'll do it on her own. By the way it sounds, she'll be walking soon. Why rush it?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I agree. It's not something you really teach. She'll do it when she is ready.
    collinsmommy_06

Answer by collinsmommy_06 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i would just let her play. she'll be walking before you know it :)
    Anonymous

• My 3 girls taught themselves by walking around the coffee table Just watch out for the coffee table edges. I had to asist our son, holdind his hands, vocal encouragement, etc.
    momsammie

Answer by momsammie at 1:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• You can't "teach" a baby how to walk. They learn and do that on their own time. The only thing you can do is to play with her by holding her hands so she can practice with you rather than on the furniture if you want to interact with her. Basically be her cheerleader.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2010