When did you start giving your baby baby food?? Be honest!

Let me know when your motherly instincts told you to give your baby solids in a jar

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started him on cereal when he was about 4 months. He didn't like it so I didn't force it. I started him on baby food when he was 6 months. He went to table food at 8 months. The only baby food he would eat was veggies and fruits.
    collinsmommy_06

Answer by collinsmommy_06 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• about 4 months
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• tried my oldest at 5months - nasty tummy reaction - quit til she was 6months.

#2 and #3 didn't even try until 6 months because of big sister's reaction.

and I made all my own baby food.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• My son was about 8 mos when I gave him a taste of pureed zucchini. After that, I'd give him a few spoonfuls of something every other day or so. He wasn't that into it. He didn't eat solids on a daily basis until 11 mos.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Cereal - 5 months
    Baby food (jar or homemade) - 6 months
    Table foods - 8/9 months
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Way back in 1996, I fed my son cereal at 4 months. Then, went to the jars at 5 months. At almost 6 months, made my own. At about 9 months, he ate regular food. By 9.5 months, he could eat a kiddie burger holing it and taking bites. By 12 months, he used spoon and fed himself that way.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Never gave any of them grain, they can't digest it until their little bodies begin to mature (usu around 12-18 mos)

None of them ever ate anything from a jar- I made my own, and since they started solids later, they got the pleasure of being able to try things they could mash up, and pick up to feed their self.

My dd started the earliest- at about 9 months.
    My boys started @ 11 & 10 months- before that it was strictly the breast.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Cereal at 4 months. At 4 1/2 months (about a week ago) I started mixing in some jarred fruit. He loves it and seems so much happier. His pediatrician is fine with it as well.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I would like to add....what i did was back in 1996. I do not recommend it now.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• when my son was 3 and 1/2 months i gave him jar food and was fine! Doctor didn't like it until a month later but still he was fine. How old is yours?
    Anonymous