Anyone tried a Flourless chocolate cake?

I'm wanting to try a gluten free diet and found a recipe for flourless chocolate cake. I was wondering if anyone here had tried one. If so, was it good? Would it change the taste if I used eggbeaters instead of 3 - 9 eggs (depending on which recipe i use)? Can I use Baker's chocolate or do I need to buy some fancy expensive chocolate to make it taste rich?

Asked by admckenzie at 12:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have a gluten free site. Gluten free brownies, cream cheese brownies, gluten free cakes... you'll love it

http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/category/dessert/

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• My husband made me flourless chocolate cake for Valentine's one year and it was heavenly. I recommend heating it up a little, drizzle with chocolate sauce and garnish with some strawberries.

He got the recipe from the Hershey's website, and I do believe he used baker's chocolate and simply added sugar. I've never made it, but I'd try doing half and half with the eggs if you're trying to count calories to make sure it'll work.

Bon Apetite!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Yum! You must eat it with freshly whipped cream and fresh raspberries!!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:26 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• yes, and they're amazing! tastes a bit like a mousse (depending on the recipe).
    toola

Answer by toola at 2:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2010