Why do you not fight against other marriages?

Why don't people fight against people who are living together before marriage to not allowed to be married? If the simple answer to gay marriage is, "because it's a sin in gods eyes", well so is premarital sex. Why it it ok in your eyes that those people can get married, even though they are actively sinning?
What is the difference?
I'm sure someone will say b/c the gay couple will still be gay, and sining. Well, don't straight couples continue to sin every day? What is the difference? why do you actively fight against one marriage, but not others?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Thank you all for your answers and I am sorry if anyone got offended throughout this thread. I still did not receive an answer to my quetions, but thats par for the course I guess:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• i don't think there's a difference, but then again i don't think either is a sin.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• So there shouldn't be any marriage because people will sin no matter what? You might as well say there's no point in prayer, church or heaven because people will sin, and they are sinners. The church cannot prove that someone is not a virgin, thus making it impossible to only allow those that aren't sleeping together to be married, but they can clearly see that the two gays are of the same gender..

I'm not saying I'm for or against, but your logic is so greatly flawed. We all know that the world is full of sinners. "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." We know! But gay marriage is an explicit sin, against God's word. The marriage of two heterosexual sinners is in no way against his word, because he identifies that we are all sinners.

toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• What a bullshit explanation, toriandgrace! So basically, SOME sins are okay, but others aren't? That's not what I heard, according to all the Christians I've seen on here so far, a sin is a sin. There are no "bigger" or "smaller" sins.

I really wish you people would just come out and admit you're bigots, instead of hiding behind your bibles.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I'm not saying I'm for or against, but your logic is so greatly flawed. We all know that the world is full of sinners. "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." We know! But gay marriage is an explicit sin, against God's word. The marriage of two heterosexual sinners is in no way against his word, because he identifies that we are all sinners.

Aren't all sins against gods word? Why does he not identify gays as sinners just like the rest of you? Are you saying he judges them more harshly, therefore others should as well? And my point is, if ALL are sinners, why should other sinners be allowed marriage, but not gay sinners?

sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 12:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• "The church cannot prove that someone is not a virgin, thus making it impossible to only allow those that aren't sleeping together to be married, but they can clearly see that the two gays are of the same gender.."

So because gays sins are "visible" to others, that makes it ok to not allow them marriage like other sinners? Gluttony is visible, as is vanity. They are allowed to marry. Why?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• In what way did I say that some sins are worse than others? I just don't think that marriage needs to be pulled into it. God created marriage for heterosexuals, despite the fact that they are sinners. When gays marry, they are living a life that is wrong in God's eyes. The idea is that Christians attempt EVERYDAY and in EVERY WAY to live in Christian ways. I make purposeful decisions every day not to sin, to be faithful to my spouse, to not use God's name in vain, because I am a Christian and I believe that it is my job in this world to honor him. Someone who lives a gay lifestyle is explicitly going against God's word (whether they believe or not), the same as someone who regularly cheats on their wife. I'm not saying it's ok to live with someone before marriage, but I don't think it's feasible to do anything about it. You can disagree with me all you want, but DO not call me a bigot, do not attack me for my beliefs.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• The other problem with that reasoning is that you keep talking about the church allowing people to get married or not. Gay people aren't looking for the right to get married in church, churches can do whatever they want to do when it comes to that. They want the LEGAL right to get married, completely different thing. And whatever your God may or may not think about gay people (you do realize that homosexuality was never specifically mentioned in the original bible, right?) should have NOTHING to do with a person's legal rights...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• You would think that if they are so staunch to outlaw gay marriage or legal partnership they would be working on laws that would prevent couples from living together outside marriage hmmmmmmm

i also never undstood how shellfish and what not are ok!! all those sinner eating at red lobster going to HELL. you would think they woudl care to save THOSE souls too!
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• The act of gay marriage is in itself a sin in my opinion, thus the problem. It's not that two sinners are marrying, because that's what any marriage is. It doesn't have to make sense to you, but it's what I believe.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2010