How can I make her more comfortable?

My 11 month old has a severe case of RSV. We're not sleeping, and everything makes her cry. She can barely breath, even with the medicine, I just want to make her more comfortable. Any ideas? Thanks

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 12:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• My 12 month old is just getting over it. we had it bad too. our Dr put him on a steroid, and gave him a cough suppressant/decongestant that worked miracles. He told us to put a pillow under one side of the mattress to raise his head so the mucous wouldn't build in his nose, lots of saline nasal spray and a cool mist humidifier.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 12:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Humidifier in her room. If she has a temp, get a few of those beanbags you can use as heating pads and put them in the freezer. When she sleeps try to lay one on her or next to her to keep her cool. Hang in there...hope the little one is better soon :(
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• My youngest daughter had RS Virus at 3months old, she was hospitalized for it. Our respi. therapists in the hospital when she coudn't be calmed down just said to let her by cranky, fussy and they took their time and held the nebulizer tube with out a mask under her nose or switched at different times to her cheek and just took their time and followed her moving about like that.

I know some moms have worn animal face masks themselves and on lovey toys too to get treatments done. The easiest way I found to give her oral meds was to use a med syringe with a very very long think tubing in her mouth through which liquid meds were easier dispensed cuz the tubing went further in mouth, than typical oral med syringe.

Also applesauce with a touch of med per spoon not all liquid or crushed pills in applesauce entirely, just touch of meds per spoonful were much easier for my dd.

she's now 17 yo w/asthma. Try the cm RSV grup.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2010