What can I do about a Biting baby during BF?

My DS is biting me when I nurse him. He even brings blood sometimes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• stick your finger in his mouth and break the seal and tell him no in a stern voice. if it keeps up you may have to pump only
    Anonymous

• Baby cannot bite when actively nursing because the tongue covers the lower teeth. Many times baby will bite down after they have finished feeding. Watch for baby to stop/slow down and take him off BEFORE he bites. Watch your baby, most moms are able to figure out when baby is going to bite after a little observation. This will pass! No need to consider pumping and bottle feeding!!!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• To get baby to release bring the baby to your breast. It will block the nose, initiating immediate release. He'll get the hint. Ditto to the pp.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Drop by the breastfeeding moms group and search the group posts for one titled "When Babies Attack!" Biting strategies are there.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2010