Has anyone found any truth in gender prediction by heartrate or morning sickness?

It all seems to be very goofy to me but I was just wondering if anyone has ever found any truth in this? My babies heartrate is 169 but I have less morning sickness than with my son? For fun...what are you experiences? :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nope to both! I've been pregnant 4 times (2 boys and 2 girls) and I had morning sickness all 4 times and all equally as bad! My first son had a high heart rate and my first daughter and a low one... so my kids weren't that predictable.... but by 4 months, I knew in my heart what gender they were =) Mother's intuition I guess!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 12:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• oh dont i wish that were the truth!!!! LOL. i have 3 boys and had no morning sickness with any of them. I am now pregnant with my 4th boy, but thought for sure it was a girl this time because i got sick at least 10 times a day for 20 weeks with this one, not to mention a number of other pregnancy issues that didnt exist with my first 3 boys......i have more heartburn with this one also.
    Anonymous

• Well, half and half. The heartbeat thing was true, they were both high and both girls. But I had no morning sickness with either of them.
    MagnoliaQueen

Answer by MagnoliaQueen at 12:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Well reality is they are all old wives tales, it's just coincidence. Heartrates were both in the 150's for my son and daughter, and I had no morning sickness with either.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I never tried it. I use a niddle and thred. You hold it over your wrist, and if it goes in a circle its a girl, and if it goes back and forth then it's a boy. But you have to wait for it to go through all your kids. If you have two kids and are pregnant with the third, it will so your two kids first then what you are having. Sometimes it will so more kids too. I have three, two boy and one girl...but it shows another girl that I'm going to have someday. You have to wait for the niddle to stop moving for good. It will slow down or stop for a second after each child. It has always been right with me and my sister. But sometimes It might not be. Nothing is 100%.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 1:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Wtih my first heartrate was always around 170 and not sick at all. Had a girl. With my second heartrate around 145 and was sick. I had a girl.
    Anonymous

• no. heartrate depends a lot on the level of activity the baby is at at that very moment, much like our haert rate changes constantly.

i tried the one where you do your ring on a hair, or necklace, needle and thread over the wrist, andit said girl then boy. i have a girl, so we will see if i get a boy this time lol.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Nah, no truth to any of it. Heart rate has been consistently low, I'm carrying very very low and out front, I had horrible morning sickness, and the needle and thread thing said boy. All of those old wives tales means boy. 18 and 28 week ultrasounds show girl.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 7:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Nope! The nurse tried to tell me I was having a girl by heartrate. Also I was carrying him how girls are normally carried. He was a healthy baby boy!
    kennethsmom910

Answer by kennethsmom910 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I don't see where a penis or vagina makes you carry differently. Lol. But my sons heartbeat was 120s and this one is above 140. Between 145 and 169. I tried the needle and thread and it said my first was a boy (and it was) it said my second was a boy (I don't know. It ended at 6 weeks in miscarriage) and it said that this one is supposed to be a girl (I go march 10 to find out) but so far everything says a girl with this pregnancy. I also always had dreams that I had a boy first then a girl so we will see. I had horrible morning sickness with my son and I have only been sick once this time. I am 17 weeks now. Keep your fingers crossed!! :) seeing as this is my last pregnancy I hope its my girl!!!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 12, 2010