What is your opinion of modern attachment parenting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That I can't understand why you would not want to put the child down for awhile so you could relax!
    Anonymous

• That I think it only works for SAHM's, and even then I don't know... I really don't see what the crime is in having a baby in a stroller every now and then.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I couldn't do it. Good lord. I love my daughter with every fiber of my being...but we are both very independent people. She would freak if I had her attached to my hip all day long, she needs her space and I'm very happy to give it to her.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I think, 'damn, those parents must be exhausted all the time.' My baby was sleeping in her own room and own crib since she was 4 mos. That meant DH and I had all night to be together, prepare for the next day,etc. I had a co-worker who co-slept with her 15 mos. old and worked full-time. She never got a free minute to herself since she had to go to sleep at the same time as her baby every night. She looked tired all the time.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I think good luck getting them to detach!!! LOL Seriously, a good friend of my SIL tried that technique, and she had a hell of a time weaning her child from her. It looked good in theory, I guess. LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• AP does not always equal having your child stuck to your side day and night. I plan on doing it with any subsequent kids I have.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2010