Do you think mothers who breastfeed after age 2 are only doing it for themselves and the personal attachment they have to breastfeeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes.it creeps me out when the child asks for the boob! IMO when the child is able to eat regular food on a regular basis,its time to stop.If its about the nourishment it provides,you can put it in a cup for them
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• what do you care? If you don't want to do it then don't.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• It is proven healthier than anything...and I don't know anyone that WANTS to be tied down by the boob. So, I say no, they don't have an attachment to it. They do it because it's good not because they feel like it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I see this post ending badly....but no I dont think its because "the mother has a personal attachment" my son will be 2 in 2 months and I am in the process of weaning him. It's hard. He thinks about it and wants it allll day long. It;s not like formula feeding moms where you can just throw the bottle away and they dont see it anymore. My son knows exactly where my chest is and he'll rip my clothes off until he gets it. So no im still nursing my son because "HE has a personal attachment"
    Anonymous

• Yes. Kids should be on regular food by then, unless they have some medical condition that prevents it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Feb. 11, 2010 by: * TMJ121099

yes.it creeps me out when the child asks for the boob! IMO when the child is able to eat regular food on a regular basis,its time to stop.If its about the nourishment it provides,you can put it in a cup for them

Do you want to pay for my breast pump?  I didn't buy one because I didn't want to pay the cost of a decent electric one.  My manual pump didn't work out for me.

Anonymous

• Eh, who knows. Everyone is different.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• many other countries have extended breastfeeding mostly for comfort for the child but i do feel a bit uncomfortable when the child can unbutton the shirt reach in and go to town
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Feb. 11, 2010 by: * Pnukey

Yes. Kids should be on regular food by then, unless they have some medical condition that prevents it.

The kids ARE on regular food by then.  They just ALSO get breastmilk rather than cow milk, that is meant for baby cows. 

Anonymous

• well anon,you are able to give the child other things.At 2,breastmilk is a luxury,not a neccessity.
    Anonymous