how can a person (woman) walk in peace

when we have creepy people trying to talk to us give us rides ect. i went walking at 7 am today and this creepy dude keeps trying to talk to me asking if i need a ride i tell him no and try not to look at him this has happened 3 times already also,i do take a pocket knife idc if i get a ticket for it its a small one around 3in i think thats the biggist you can carry and my cell. my peaceful walks/runs have me looking for a new path, it makes me so mad because i liked walking down the road right by my house. i know what some of you will say find someone to walk with you get a treadmill my friends always flake, i have a treadmill but i want to walk in the fresh air and i think its easer to walk/run outdoors.

truannmil

Asked by truannmil at 12:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • I would buy some pepper spray. Also make sure to spray it downwind. It would really suck to spray yourself accidentally. I don't think there is anything to do about the creeps, just stay in well populated areas.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Take a pen and paper with you on your next walk and write down the license plate number and description of the person. Let your local police department know. If your policemen and women are anything like ours, they'll pay the person a little visit!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• next time you see that creepy man, write down his license plate and call the police...tell them that he is harrassing you and he might be a preditor.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• thanks guys :) lol that would suck spraying myself haha
    truannmil

Answer by truannmil at 1:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• if possible, take a picture of the man and vehicle with your cell phone.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I know there are alot of diehard runners and walkers. Unfortuantely you're going to come across creeps especially if you're seen alone even with just one person. Three to four people's safer.

What about since you're a lot in to walking joining a mall walking club? They meet early, probably even weekends, and walk through the malls in a safe way yet not crowded because the malls aren't open for shopping yet.

I dunno jmo I put safety before pleasure always cause I can't control another person's whereabouts or attitude. If you're carrying a knife just how safe is that really? Can you really actually defend yourself against a 250 or 160 lb muscle man?

Maybe walk treadmill more and put on nature tapes or movies with nature that's a love to you.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• whip out you tazer and show it to him! but seriously,do what the ladies said
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i like the freedom more with walking outdoors it makes me want to walk more/longer treadmills get boring really quick
    truannmil

Answer by truannmil at 1:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I just put my iPod on and act like I can't hear em. If they would come up to me and say something I'm not afraid to pay the fine for threatening to stab them
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I was going to say the same thing that OneToughMami said. When I walk (or walked--its been a while), I always had my ear phones in and pretended like I couldn't hear. Also, if you're wearing something more geared toward workout type clothes . . maybe they won't bother you? Last summer, every time I walked, I had my daughter in the stroller. I took advantage of nap time, threw her in the stroller and would walk 5 miles. No one bothered me when I was with the baby. If you really are alone, maybe take a stroller and put a blanket over it. You could even put something in it to create a resistance. I always felt like I got more of a workout when i walked with my daughter.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2010