First Time Mom- Contractions?

I keep getting this crampy feeling in my lower stomach area.. which lead me to believe I'm having a contraction. But then I also feel like I have to go #2. And sometimes I do and sometimes I don't actually have to go. Is this a contraction? Or just part of pregnancy? I am 39 weeks and 4 days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call your doctor. Given that you are 39 weeks +, you could be having real contractions.
    Prior to all my children's births (3 so far), I was going both 1 and 2 A LOT. Like every 10 minutes.
    Anonymous

• could be contractions. could be braxton hicks/early labor contractions. i wouldn't call my doctor/midwife unless they were coming several per hour for over an hour. there really is no need to let your dr know if you are having contractions. you are 39 weeks pregnant, they will be expecting you to have BH or to go into labor in the next 3 weeks already =) gl!
    Anonymous

• sound like it to me. just keep track. if they become consistant, more intense, and measurable, just keep track and call your doctor when they are more than 4 in an hour. good luck hon! sounds like it might be soon!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2010