Climate Change?

Over the course of its existence, our planet has been much colder and much warmer than it is today, having endured periodic ice ages and various cataclysmic natural events. That being the case, why would anyone choose to believe that human beings are responsible for all of the earth's most recent, and relatively mild, climatic shift? then shift a few years later into the opposite direction.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Because if you make it sound convincing enough, you can make money convincing other people it's a massive, cataclysmic change.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Exactly, NotPanicking ( I LOVE that monicker !! ), it's a huge scam that is ALREADY paying big bucks in Europe. Gullible fools !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Al Gore is making mega bucks off the extreme liberal/progressive out there.. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• We aren't solely responsible. The point that I take from science, not Al Gore, is that we as humans and the things we produce and how we produce them are speeding up the time in between. It just seems simple logic to me to limit pollution. I don't care if you don't believe in global warming, you do believe in higher gas prices, you should try to recycle, we should have respect for the planet. That isn't government based, that is just respect for our home based.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 1:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• It just seems simple logic to me to limit pollution.

The vast majority of things that "limit pollution" do nothing of the sort, they just shift their impact to a different sector. But someone makes a profit on them, don't worry about that.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• you should try to recycle, we should have respect for the planet.

Respect for the planet is WONDERFUL... I do my part.  There is always room for improvement. But not because it is FORCED on us.  It's the mandated taxes, laws, and political BS that costs Taxpayers dearly I don't agree with.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• The vast majority of things that "limit pollution" do nothing of the sort, they just shift their impact to a different sector. But someone makes a profit on them, don't worry about that.

First off, a car that can put out less emissions puts polution someplace else? Recycling creates pollution someplace else? Second, I am a capitalist at heart, if you can figure out how to make a fair honest buck on it, I don't care. In fact, I will probably buy your stock. So I am not sure why that is part of your argument.

I am okay with standards that make corporations change production to limit pollution, that has been going on since the industrial revolution. AND, I get a tax break in my state for signing up for the AC shut off switch (way too long winded to explain), and I get a city tax break for recycling. :)
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• And still, I get my "respect for the earth" stick from my hippie mother, when she was a hippie. I was recycling and gardening and composting WELL before Al.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• The main thing they want to achieve is global governance and this scam is the tool to do that. It has NOTHING to do with the environment.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Every piece of work that Britiain and Europe are putting in to reducing our emissions and reducing our carbon footprints, America just undoes with more of its wasteful culture.

You can believe it's a conspiracy or something natural, or something that could be prevented...but it will do ALL of us good to recycle, think before we throw stuff out, not use massive gas guzzling cars for small journeys.
    Anonymous