How many women here have ever gotten an abortion?

I admit it. I did have one very early. Around 6.5 weeks. It was the with the abortion pill, not to be confused with the morning after pill. I knew I didn't want and couldn't afford anymore children, and ended up conceiving while using spermicide foam. Anyway, I got a tubal right after the abortion so I couldn't have any other slip ups. And just an FYI, I already have 3 kids. And adding my response when people say, don't have sex. I will sleep with my husband whenever I choose. I'm a married woman who got sterilized because I know I'm done having children. Don't any of you ladies try to tell me that EVERY TIME you have ever had sex, it is or was for reproduction. I am not a little girl who needs abstinence preached. I'm a woman, and a wife. As such, I have a right to sleep with my husband if I so choose, whether the chance of conceiving is there or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Health

• Abortion is not murder. You prolifers can call it that all you want. You're wrong. Abortion is legal murder is not. Period. There is not even a heartbeat for weeks after conception. I'm not a big fan of abortion but I am in favor of women having choices. I don't know what is more sickening, the tired line about creating a life with your man being the most beautiful thing in the world, I guess women are just baby factories to some of you, or that giving birth is a punishment for bascially being a whore, liking sex and having it with one's SO.
    Anonymous

• I believe I just did.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i can tell this will be a drama post..
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• WHOOPS meant NONE TAKEN
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• We all know that sex is where babies come from, but that doesn't mean humans are only meant to have sex for procreation! Sometimes accidents happen even when you're being careful. And if you're not ready for a child at that time, abortion is a valid, legal option. And it's none of anyone else's business!
    OP, if you're looking for support, you're in the wrong place, but there are some good groups here on CM. I had an abortion and I don't for a minute regret it. My BC failed, my son was very young, and we couldn't afford another child at the time. Now I'm preggo with number two and loving every minute of it knowing that we'll be able to provide for our family properly.
    Anonymous

• alikat25

clapping

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 2:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I used to think it was ok to have abortions. Then I realized that it's murdering an innocent bystander that didn't have a choice in the matter.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• mommy16 - okay. i didnt mean to be a bitch about it, i just get annoyed bc i post questions sometimes about things like this also and i always get answers saying "your just trying to start drama" - and im like no, im trying to have a conversation, a debate, thats what this section is for - and cafemom is not drama, its a website. yano?
    and sarap - i didnt murder my baby, my son is sitting in his jumper playing right now next to me. i had sperm & egg tissue the size of a grain of sand removed - it had no soul, i asked "god" - he told me.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• And I'm actually only 20.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• your life*
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2010