does this make sense

i was dianosed as hypothyroid a year ago and was put on Rx, then script ran out about 6 months later, no insurance so couldn't renew Rx, went on supplements to help thyroid like L Tyrosine and kelp, multivitamin. Well just checked in on it with a blood test (about 8 months later) and nurse is saying thyroid levels are fine - but I still feel so tired along with other hypothyroid symptoms - what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Health

• You are lucky!! Most people have to stay on meds for the rest of their life. Thats how all the women in my family are. Its good that it was able to balance out. Try taking a daily vitamin. That might help.
    Anonymous

• YOu could be tired for OTHER reasons. Thyroid isn't the only thing that will do it.
    Lack of sleep
    Depression
    Overweight
    Lack of proper nutrition
    Lack of exercise

and other reasons.
    Anonymous

• I generally get 8 hours of sleep every night. I only get depressed when I pms. I am only about 5 to 10 lbs overweight. I feel I eat very well although could eat more vegies. I have been walking about 2 to 3 days a week along with sit ups every day. So what are the other reason I have lack of enery?
    Anonymous

• Are you drinking enough water? Being even the teeniest bit dehydrated can leave you feeling droopy. You should be drinking at least 8 oz glasses a day. Animal products, especially meat and dairy, can leave sap your energy. Highly processed foods, like high fructose corn syrup and white flour, also can leave you feeling weak. Fill your diet with fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes. Send me a message offlist if you would like recipes or meal ideas.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:12 AM on Feb. 12, 2010