''no more baby's until your married!''

Im 22 years old, I have a 11 month old son, me and my partner are not married, and are thinking about trying for a 2nd baby.

My mother dosn't approve of this, and say's ''no more baby's until your married!''

-Do you think that being a younger mother mean's that you (have to/ should be) married?
-In the eyes of others and the public, do you think it's more exceptiable to have a ring on your finger?

This is something I really want. Me and my partner plan on 'one day' getting married, but know we cant afford a wedding right now.
Some people might say.. if you cant afford a wedding, how do you plan on affording another baby. But I just know we can do it, and feel that familys more important then prooving to everyone that we do love each other, and will stay togther.

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Marriage does NOT equal love and commitment!
    My SO and I have been together for 6 years, have a 4yo son and our second boy due in less than 2 months (yay!)
    Yes, we're young, I'm 24 and he's 26. We aren't getting married until we can afford to celebrate it, but we do plan on getting married "some day." I don't think it really matters when that day comes!
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• In my opinion, you should get married before having another child.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 2:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Yes you should be married before you have any more babies.

The word is BABIES not baby's.
    Anonymous

• I also think that you should be married before you think about having another one. Of course, I also believe that people should wait until marriage to have sex. Just what I think, take it or leave it.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 2:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• You don't have to be married to be a happy loving family. So do what works for you.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 2:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Marriage takes place in your heart, not on a government approved piece of paper sold as a license.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• A marriage license cost less than $100 - and a baby cost a WHOLE lot more than that. Have a big ceremony for your 5th or 10th anniversary when you renew your vows. Yes - it is more acceptable in the eyes of society for you to be married. And legally you are on a much better footing if you are married when you have a baby.

Answer by missanc at 2:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I understand where you're coming from,but i think if you both aren't committed to take that step and get married then i dont think you should have that second baby. I mean anything can happen and then what if he's ready to leave . Here is the thing im younger than you im 20& 1/2 years old and have two babies and one on the way , but i have my husband for better for worst and it not you need a wedding but if you go to the court house and get that piece of paper and then when you are ready to have that wedding have it when your ready
    Sweetheart08

Answer by Sweetheart08 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• do waht works for you. but being marry gives the child more legal satbility.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• -Do you think that being a younger mother mean's that you (have to/ should be) married?

to the first question, no. personally i don't think you have/should be married. it's all up to you and what works for you.
    to the 2nd question, yes. it is more socially acceptable to be married if you are having children.

if it really is because you can't afford a wedding, then i do think you should think about whether you should really have another child though. also, you don't have to pay a lot to get married.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2010