any moms with asthma

i have had asthma since i was 3 yrs old am now 22. i was under alot of medication as a child. and when i got married at 18 i stop everything. during pregnacy they put me back on some stuff but not all. but for the past 2 yrs. my asthnma has been getting worse. i have to yawn all the time. i went to the doctor yesterday and he told me am taking 1/2 a breath everytime i breath,. he put me on albuterol 4 times a day, advair and the inhailor. i was wondering do you guys every feel like you cant breath
is hard to explain. its like am breathing righjt with no problem but i dont feel like the oxygen is reaching my lungs all the way so i have to yawn to catch my breath.

piwife

Asked by piwife at 2:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Health

• I do the exact same thing. I dont take any medicine though.. I should, but I dont. Whats your question?
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 2:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I was just told last month that I have asthma. The doc said I should keep an inhaler with me. He also informed me that it was because i am obese. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i'm 34 and have had asthma since i was 2. As i got older and especially when i moved out of my parents smokey house i got a little better. I took the 1 a day singular - which is the best, but kind of expensive. i don't take it anymore since i don't have insurance and have been doing ok. So ask your doc about Singular.
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 2:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i wanted to know if other moms with asthma feel like they have to yawn all the time and when they breath have a feeling like they arent taking enough oxygen
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Yes, piwife. I am the same way. I have just learned to deal with it. I do have a fast acting inhaler that I use when needed. And I take singular a PP mentioned (forgot about that earlier). It does help when I remember to take it.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i know someone who became vegetarian and no longer has asthma. she can even run for 3 miles now!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• You definitely need to examine your diet. Eliminate dairy; cut way back on, or eliminate meat; eat a diet based on whole foods: legumes, whole grains, fruits and vegetables.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• also, just read about someone who lost his asthma from living in a house that didn't use chemicals to clean with! vinegar and baking soda are all you really need most of the time!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2010