is it true youll go early

Im 32 weeks and im already dialated to 2. Ive been having contractions. Im not much for pain, but i want to wait at home as long as i can. Is it true that the more babies you have the sooner you go in to labor. I wish your pregnancy and kids come with a handbook. lol

roniduke58

Asked by roniduke58 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• not really. how many contactions are you having in an hour. more then 6 regardless of pain deserves a visit to the hospital
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• No. I"ve had 6 babies. The only reason the last one was early was because I had problems & had to be induced. My 5th one was right on time..as was the 4th, & 3rd, & 2nd & 1st one.
    Anonymous

• 6 babies!!! DAMN!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• on average, yes, first time moms stay pregnant longer. but not necessarily. many moms are pregnant longer with their 2nd, 3rd, whatever child, than previous children :) you will likely be pregnant for another couple of months =)
    Anonymous

• None of mine came sooner, but after the first they came faster. First labor was about 12 hours the second was maybe a little longer labor wise, but was out on the third contrction after full dialation. The third was about seven hours labor and when they went to check me for full dialation I was told do not push. Once the dr. was in there he was born on the first contraction. First two were both late and the other two were about a week early. The last baby was emergency c-section so no labor with him.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• My first came one day before the due date, 5 1/2hrs labor. My second was 9 days past the due date, 6 1/2hrs labor. This one is 5 days late so far.....You just never know what is going to happen!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 4:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• nope.. a friend of mine is having her 4th and this is the first pregnancy where she has made it to her due date.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010