Do you think mothers who bottlefeed after age 2 are only doing it for themselves because they are too lazy to do otherwise?

---spin off---

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do think it's laziness and just like breastfeeding, it's prohibiting children from learning coping skills.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• whatever.
    Anonymous

• Hahaha....YES!!!!!
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I think that it's the kids choice. But they should be off it before three. It's not being lazy, it's about not wanting your child to feel hurt.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 2:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I dunno... I know my brother had his bottle until after he was two, but my son gave up his not long after he turned one. I guess it depends on if the parent has even tried introducing cups or not.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• when you have one child, it's easy to get them off the bottle. But when you have three that are very young...it's harder. My daughter just turned two and still has her bottle. But she didn't start useing a bottle till she was 15 months old. She will be off it soon, but I like to take my time on taking comfurt away from my kids. I
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 2:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Honestly? Yes. It's much easier to hand a kid a bottle than it is to fix them a meal, or to give them a bottle to shut them up. I do think it's laziness.

When my daughter was eating well enough, and able to drink from a sippy cup (about a week before her 1st birthday) we made a big to-do over saying "bye bye" to bottles. She never asked for it again.

There is no reason to continue with bottles - except that your child is attached to them. It has to end sometime. And even if it "hurts" them (???) LOTS of things that are best for your child is going to upset them. That's life.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• So this must be the classless answer to the breastfeeding question. I didn't even read the responses on that drama starting question, but this one is pure bull. First off, I have yet to see a mother bottle feed past two. Second, and I'll just say it, if you think it's okay to breastfeed after two, that's on you. By that time children have teeth to eat with and are beginning to talk. When they can walk up to you and lift up your shirt, it's wrong. Third, yeah it's real lazy to wash bottles, boil water and make forumla on top of everything else that has to be done at home. Bottle feeding is not cheap or lazy. Take a guess what is though.
    Anonymous

• CUP!
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• You've NEVER seen a 2+ year old with a bottle? Get out more!

And yes, it's MUCH quicker/easier to fill a bottle than it is to fix a meal. WASHING them doesn't really qualify as an argument, since you wash ALL your dishes. It's just another dish - just like a plate for a meal would be.

It's also much easier to continue giving a child the bottle than it is to go through the effort of weaning them from it. (For some people - my daughter had no problem)

"Bottle feeding is not cheap or lazy. Take a guess what is though." LOL. I'd rather not. My answer would be deleted.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010