Why do you hate your period?

It saddens me that so many women on here have such negative views of their beautiful cycles. So many say it's "nasty" or "gross" or "dirty".

Why is that?

I mean, at the apex of my Cycle, I am at my greatest Power!
I have a excuse to be a 14kt bitch...
Sex is better... (ps, orgasm is the best cure for cramps)
And I feel most like a Woman! I feel closest to my Goddess!

So, why do you hate yours?

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Health

• i dont really think its gross, nasty or dirty. but personally, i dont like having blood constantly comming out of my vagina, its annoying. i dont like ruining my underwear or clothes. i dont like having to keep changing my pad or tampon. having to wear underwear and having panty lines. having headaches, naseua and mood swings. and being bloated & breaking out, hate that.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• however i do know like when i get my period because that means im not pregnant!
    PURPULbutterfly

• What period? I haven't had any since 27 and absolutely love it! I felt so free of it all when that time of the month came around & I didn't have to deal with any of it.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I hate the feeling of sitting on a cold wet pad, and having a tampon in your twat aint so much better.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I don't hate mine. It reminds me that I'm a woman and it makes me feel great...until the cramping starts! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 2:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• To me, after getting my tubes tied, it's a pointless bodily function.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 3:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I don't hate it. I don't enjoy it either though. I get terrible migraines around the time of my period... I hate that! Also my husband gets super horny around the time of my period and I don't always feel like sex then, so he pesters me about sex. When he pesters me it really makes me not want to have sex.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• cause mine is very hevy and even the altra super tampons only last me two or three hours at the max. I'm a roofer and work with all men. I don't like havinge to wonder weather or not I'm bleeding through, or having to get off the roof every couple of hours to go change myself. The men I work with don't even like to take lunch, so they exspect me to work the whole day through. Thats why I don't like mine
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 3:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I'm not a fan. I'm sorry but it IS gross. It smells, its messy.....plenty of natural bodily functions are gross. How about gas, bloating and diarhea, do you embrace those as well??
    Anonymous

• You know call me weird but now that I am older I don't mind it you are right on all what you have said this is God's way of helping us ladies to cleanse ourselves our reproductive organs and for sex atleast this is how I like to look at it rather than it being a drag. I look forward to it...hehehe I don't have cramps and that is a plus for me and the flow is not as heavy as it used to be so I am ok with it no problem here :)

happyHave a great day!

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2010