What exactly did your contractions feel like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It felt like my uterus was being ripped out of my back.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Like really strong (STRONG) menstrual cramps

Answer by admckenzie at 2:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• They're different for every one, and sometimes different for each pregnancy! With my first, it felt like I had to pass gas but couldn't. I should have known I was about to go into labor when it felt like there was a bowling ball stuck in my vagina! LOL! With my second, it felt like intense period cramps.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 3:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• did you ever feel the need or have to go #2 while in a process of having one?
    Anonymous

• I should add that I didn't get an epidural until I was dilated to 6 cm... there just wasn't time to get it earlier.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 3:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• that happens when you're pushing the baby out. I didn't feel the need, it just came out .
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Anon 01...YES. It can feel like you HAVE to poop! A lot of times, that is an indication that it is almost time, and you need to call your midwife or get to the birthing center!
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 3:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• very bad cramping followed by a strong urge togo to the potty-- basically like real bad constipation-- and no drugs in my pregnancy labor or deliveries
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 3:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• it's hard to tell *exactly* what they felt like.

to me, they sort of felt like diarrhea cramps. like i really had to go, but couldn't make it to the potty on time. intense menstrual cramps is another good description.

i say that it felt like diarrhea cramps, BUT i never really felt like i had to have a bowel movement while i was in labor. well other than at one point when i really did have loose bowels about an hour after my contractions had been coming every few minutes, and were really intense. i could tell that i really had to go, there was a difference between that "i have to poop" feeling and the contractions. that's just what the contractions felt closest to for me, BM cramps.

i know it's confusing!

Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i get it sometimes throughout the day.. like today i had like three not very long maybe about 30 sec. and now i haven't had any since... samething happened the other as well. I am 39 weeks and 4 days... could this just be BH? or could real labor be coming anytime soon?!?! :)
    Anonymous