I need a GOOD come-back ....

I'm very petite. Small boned, tiny, etc. I've always been this way. I do not have an eating disorder! (I get that question a lot). I can't tell you how many times random strangers have asked me how much I weigh, or what size I take. I would NEVER ask anyone those questions, not a friend (unless it was relevent to our conversation at the moment) or a stranger! I've had women actually look me up and down and say they hate me because I'm skinny. I usually just walk away or whatever, but I'm really getting annoyed. I'm ready to ask the next person who asks me how much I weigh how much THEY weigh. Or say I hate them because they are overweight. But I just can't. It's just as hard for me to find a size 0 as it is for someone to find a size 48XXX.
Does anyone have a good come-back for these rude people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• And this thread may sound petty or shallow to some, but body image issues go both ways. I spent most of high school actively hating my body and wishing I could look "normal", all because I had grown up hearing comments about how skinny I was and how I needed to gain weight to basically be attractive to those I was closest to from one side, and on the other being told by society that I had a "hott bod" and other girls should try to look like me. Why is it okay to work hard to build up the self esteem of those who are larger, but to assume that the ones who are thinner don't need a simple compliment that is just that, a positive reinforcement of how we are also attractive in our own way just as the rest of humanity is? Don't we all need to feel okay with how we look and not take criticism for it? I don't ask these questions to be argumentative (too much ;) ) but to make others think inside OUR heads and OUR feelings.......
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• why stoop to their level?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Just *smile*. The best revenge for ignorant, nosy people is living a great life.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I would do just that! Ask them! Say "You first!" Some people have no couth.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 3:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Or say I hate them because they are overweight
    --------------

i'm sure they dont say that out of hate but more as a compliment, i've said it to my friend because she's a size 2, but it was more out of admiration.
    Anonymous

• OP here.
    1st of all, I've been dealing with this for my entire life. It's about time I "stooped". 2nd, Telling someone you hate them is NOT a compliment last time I checked!
    Anonymous

• usually if you tell them "what a rude thing to say" then they'll shut up, and your just being honest. It is quite rude to make comments like that be it fat or skinny
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 3:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Last time someone asked me that I told them how much I weighed and then said if you go on a diet you will be this weight 2!
    Anonymous

• I like the 'you first!' response, you can say it with a smile and jokingly so you come off sweet and funny, yet the point is loud and clear.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• They don't really hate you, they are jealous of your slim body. I agree with legalmommy, just smile knowingly and they should get the hint.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2010