Braids

How on earth do you get a 18 month old to sit still long enough to put those zillions of little braids in their hair?

I've been told by a few that you wait until they are knocked out at night and then do it. First off I don't like the term "Knocked out" sounds fishy to me and second as soon as my little one is touched she's wide awake.

So how do you do it?

baconbits

Asked by baconbits at 3:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It took me a while! But started with my dd when she was 10 months old, just putting her hair into small pony tails. It got her used to sitting still. Then I started single braids. Not cornrows yet...By the time she was 2.5, she was acustomed to sitting still for longer periods of time, so I could put her hair in the cornrows.
    Talking gently and putting in a movie that captures her attention while you do her hair is immensely helpful.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 3:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I started doing my daughter's hair while she was eating breakfast in her highchair. She's 2 1/2 now, and she will fix her doll's hair while I fix hers, but there are days when she doesn't want to sit still and a pony tail is as fancy as it gets.
    Anonymous