Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why can't we touch dry ice?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (3)
  • because its so cold you get immediate freezing and tissue death from even minute contact.
    TMJ121099

    Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

  • yes its like you can burn yourself its so cold
    americansugar80

    Answer by americansugar80 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

  • Ayuh....what they said.

    I remember watching a CSI episode a long time ago where 2 college students died. They found out that the roommate in the next room drilled a hole in the wall and kept packing dry ice at the hole to give the roommate a 'buzz' or something. Turns out that dry ice lets off CO2 and if you are close enough to it to inhale enough of it, it will kill you.
    Just thought I'd throw that in.
    PrydferthMenyw

    Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.