Champagne...

So this V-Day my husband decided since I'm more of an adult he'd buy a bottle of champagne for us. I'm TTC but I figured ovulation isnt for another 9 days so what the HECK enjoy myself with my husband!! I know I'm only 19 but it's not like I'm getting wasted and I think it'll help ease my mind of baby making.

This will be my first time tasting it, anyone really like it and what brand?

bmdred

Asked by bmdred at 3:43 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Champagne is actually sparkling wine, UNLESS it was made in the Champagne region of France following strict guidelines. That's neither here nor there.

You can get a good sparkling wine (aka American champagne) without spending tons of money. It's not so much the BRAND NAME that matters, but the variety. I know many people that say they don't care for Champagne and that's because they drank BRUT. Brut is very dry and unappealing.

I personally prefer Gran Spumante. It's sweeter, but not deathly sweet. Spumante is also good and slightly less sweet.

My favorite treat is Gran Spumante with white cake and decorator frosting (think wedding cake) and fresh strawberries.
    Anonymous

• I've had champagne on New Year's Eve since I was 14. Never more than a sip (I'm not a fan of any alcohol... I don't like the taste), just a way to toast to the new year. I personally don't like it. Any brand I have tasted is so dry, regardless of how good an avid champange drinker has said it was. It's a matter of personal preference. Just a thought though (I'm 19 too... so just making an observation)... there are people who are strongly against minors drinking, and a lot of moms here who don't typically approve... so if you think you are mature enough, and you're just doing it to enjoy time with your husband, what should your age matter? You could easily ask for peoples opinions on what is best without adding a soft-spot like age to your question which has the potential to start conflict. To me, age has never been important, but I've always been mature, and a sip or two with family seems like no big deal... others disagree...
    Jesika90-09

Answer by Jesika90-09 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• true...
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 4:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• sounds pretty darn good
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 4:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I like Cold Duck. It is a really cheap ($4) red sparkling wine but I apparently don't have a very sophisticated palet because I love it! And one night of wine shouldn't hurt anything at all. Have a fun time!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• thanks :D
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 4:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I personally think it tastes like vinegar but then again I think all wine tastes like vinegar.  YUCK!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Champagne is gross. blech!

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2010