Has any ones baby around 1 yrs old ever had a virous that caused the skin to get bumps everywhere?

My daughter had an upper respitory, then a stomache virus then rosiola one after the other and i took her to the doctors and she examined her awhile looking at the bumps and whatnot and she said it was the virous, i dont know weather i should take her somewhere else or if it has happened to anyone else and if it did what did u do for it like oatmeal bath calamine lotion ect.?

shedevil121208

Asked by shedevil121208 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I'm not sure exactly what you are asking....
    Are you asking if Roseola causes bumps... it does. Although the rash doesn't usually itch... so oatmeal and calamine would not be helpful.
    If you are asking if someones child has gotten sick like this before....
    How quickly did each illness happen? I think that if they happened with in a very short time period, like 3-4 days, then it was likely all due to the roseola virus, that first presents like cold symptoms, then very high fevers which can cause stomach flu symptoms, such as vomiting and sometimes diarrhea... and then the rash would start.
    If it happened over several weeks she probably just has a weakened immune system from being sick and keeps catching things... it's a VERY germy time right now.
    I don't think you need to take her anywhere else to be seen, the virus will run it's coarse.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2010