Has anyone ever used a rent to own type of place?

We have an Aaron's and a Rent-2-Own. Which one do you prefer for couches and what are the prices like? Was the furniture nice?

Asked by FireyMamacita at 6:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I will start off telling you...yes, I have used both. And, I would have to say that Arrons is better. Most of the furniture does come from your name brand furniture stores. So the quailty is good on most of it. You just really have to check it out first. I would also say that they don't rip you off as bad as Rent-A-Center. did you get the as bad part? I would really like to suggest that you try not to use either of them. If you can hold off go read financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey. My Husband and, I used to by from places like that all the time. After ready and going through FPU we found that we were throwing away 1000's of dollars. If I can help anyone eles to save I will. If you for what you want... you will save 3 times what you are going to spend @ a place like that. If you need something now. Try to go to a garage sale for something to get you by until you save for what you really want. I hope this helps.

Answer by maamaabear at 7:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Yes I have and I will never do it end up paying 3 times as much !

Answer by roseisme at 8:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• We are going through both Aaron's and Rent-A-Center right now. They cost more then going to Sears (let's say) and buying it there, but the plus side is you can make payments, and if it breaks then they will replace it and give you a loaner until it's fixed, and if can't be fixed then you get a new one, but stay where you are with your payments.

Answer by Momsboys2 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• rooms to down payment, no monthly payments,(for 5 years) no credit bad credit? No problem. $5. down gets you a whole room full! Am I the only person who watches TV commercials? Stay away from Aaron's And espically rent a center!! They both rip you off and take advantage of your lack of credit. you end up paying 3 or more times the normal retail. also check out the local good will and red cross store. Lots of great gently used furniature and CHEEP prices

Answer by vbruno at 11:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• You would be much better off putting aside what you would be making in payments and save for the item. I have never used them, but a friend has and says she never will again. A $100 DVD player easily becomes $300 dollars after payments. Just save a little from each check instead.

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Yes...we rented a home 7 years ago and we bought it 5 years ago. The landlord let us use our deposit and 1/2 of our rent for the 2 years as our downpayment.

Answer by GoldenDawne at 6:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2008