is it safe to get my tubes untied after having 4 c-sections?

I have four children who all were delevired by c-section.I got my tubes tied after my last.I want to get them untied now,but I heard that doctors reccomend you only having 4 c-section cause so much scar tissue can build up.Will a doctor even untie my tubes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Health

• your best place to start is with your OB
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• YEs you can, also you can also try vbac birthing there aren't a lot of doctors that will do it after 4 but there are some and ther are a lot of midwives that will.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I have seen other posts about mothers who have had more than 3 c-sections, wanting more children etc....My ob/gyn told me NO MORE than THREE. I have seen others say their docs say no more than FOUR....No matter, please note: IT IS NOT SAFE!! It is NOT worth risking 4 children going without a mother because you want to have jusssst one more. Don't do it.

I hope for your sake and for your children's sake that it is impossible for you to find a doctor who would do what you are asking. And I say this with a great deal of CARE, not judgment.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I am sorry but I DO NOT agree with the PP. There are a lot of women who can have a vbac after 4 c sections and can have another c section if needed but it is really not. Do your research on the subject, and nobody can refuse to untie your tubes it it your medical decisions. Look at the Duggar lady, she has had 4 c sections and multiple births since, it is not impossible. Just be informed.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 11:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2010