My daughter has a round dry spot on her back.... cont..

It's probably the size of a quarter. It's not really white, but it also has some red on it. It doesn't seem to bother her in anyway, I also noticed she has a another small one like on her arm but where her armpit is right besides it that is dime sized. Is this is a dry spot and I just need to lotion her up more or is this some type of fungus? She is 14 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would first try moisturizing it because it is normal to get these in the winter. If regular lotion is cutting it try something stronger - Eucerin Calming Cream is very good. My pediatrician also recomended using Cortaid.

If it is just a dry patch and you treat it like a fungus you will know pretty quickly you made the wrong call because it will get worse instead of better. I thought my daughter had ringworm and tried Clomitrozol, and when it started looking worse I took her to the doctor who said it was not ringworm and really just a dry patch that needed lots of moisture.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like ringworm. If it is, you just need to put some antifungal cream on it and cover it with a bandaid till it's all healed up.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 3:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Could be ringworm, but I'm thinking excema.
    Anonymous

• anon 1:01 is exactly right. DD had patches on her legs, it was exema due to the weather (cold). Dr reccomended Eucerin. It's expensive but you can use the store brand.
    Anonymous

• sounds just like a ringworm
    Anonymous

• OP: If it is a ringworm do those go away rather fast? I mean once I take her to her pediatrician? Ugh I hope that's not what is, anyone have any idea where she could of gotten this from? We have no pets, but my parents do have 2 dogs.

Anonymous

• ow hun i knoe wat this is i ha to go threw this before, it if from dirty clothes and a dirty house dirty pillows and blanket and bedbug wat u should do u wash out every thing reall good then bye some new matreses
    Shaina11

Answer by Shaina11 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• oh please ^^^^^
    dont even think twice about that answer! I believe she is WAY off.

As far as ringworm meds, it should start getting better in the first day or two. If you dont see an improvement by like 3rd day ar so, go in to dr. Also, use both ringworm med and moisturizer at different times of the day . It may be either or.
    Anonymous