Missing IUD strings???

I was supposet o be checking after each period if my IUD strings were still there. I have not had a period in a few months which can be common with Mirena. I hadn't thought much of it. I just realized last night I had not checked for several months so I did and the strings are gone! I'm pretty sure the IUD did not fall out. I'm kinda freaked out. Where did the IUD go? How will they get it out? I have an appointment next week.

LilMsTiff

Asked by LilMsTiff at 4:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Health

• Ask to have it checked at your appt. Mine moved into my muscle. Hurt like a bitch though
    Anonymous

• mine did that because my uterus is bent backwards.... which is no concern because it straightens out when i am preggo. but mine had slipped way back into the uterus. it was fine there. still worked. and no period is an absolute blessing of mirena i went 3 years w/o a period! it was wonderful. but because mine slipped back (btw they will check it with an internal ultrasound -- teh dildo thing) they couldnt get the fucker back out! i had to be put to sleep to get it out! so ask about your uterus, does it bend forward or backward. is it a concern where the iud is when you want it removed... all good ??'s i wish i had known to ask!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• after a while of having it, the strings sometimes soften and wrap up around your cervix...maybe have your hubs reach up and look for it, if not, go to the doc and have them check!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2010