Small minnow like fish with Ick

I have 4 small minnow like fish, they have neon stripes in the middle of them. They are in a VERY CLEAN 1 gallon tank. Well this morning when I went to go feed them, and THEY ALLLL HAVE ICK! Im stuck in my house because of the snow, so I can make it to the fish store. I am worried sick about them. Does anyone know what I can do? Like a natural home remedy or anything? Please!

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pets

• all i know to get rid of that is the stuff from the pet store! sorry! maybe search yahoo answers. they have everything.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• We have a ton of fish, and you can have the cleanest environment for them, but they will still get ick. You can only cure your tank of it with the stuff from the store. I wouldn't do any home remedies because it might stress them out. They aren't going to die on you from having it for just a day, so relax =-). When you can get out and about but ick away, add it to your water, most of them are 5 ml's to 10 gallons of water. Then after 24 hours do a partial water change. If they still have ick, then re-do it one more time!! Good luck, I'm sure all will be fine!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:41 AM on Feb. 15, 2010