Ick (Posted here to get more answers)

I have 4 small minnow like fish, they have neon stripes in the middle of them. They are in a VERY CLEAN 1 gallon tank. Well this morning when I went to go feed them, and THEY ALLLL HAVE ICK! Im stuck in my house because of the snow, so I can make it to the fish store. I am worried sick about them. Does anyone know what I can do? Like a natural home remedy or anything? Please!

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Google it- they can get the infection from tap water as well, which is why you should use Ick B Gone when changing water. Also, water should only be changed 50% @ a time.

Google it- I seem to remember that when we were keeping fish, my ex used something readily in the house to help treat it. Still, we lost a couple.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• . . . this is why I won't let my husband get a fish tank. SO MUCH WORK and WORRY.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• im sorry, i would google it.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 4:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• adding salt to a tank about 3-4 teaspoons per gallon and raising the temperature of the tank kills the lifecycle of the parasite. Do not exceed 81 degrees.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2010