Do you feel sorry for women in thier 40's who can't conceive?

I know this is rude, but I don't feel sorry for women in their 40's who are depserately trying to have babies and can't. What did you think was gonna happen when you waited soooo long? Celine Dion is on the cover of People crying about how at 41, she has gone through every kind of fertility treatment and still can't conceive. Her hubby is really old, as well. You can't have your cake and eat it too! Fertility doesn't work that way. I really think there should be more awareness warning women not to wait until it's too late. Just b/c we live long doesn't mean we can have babies forever!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Older women actually have a better chance at getting pregnant than younger women.
    Anonymous

• What! ARe you nuts?
    Anonymous

• Yes.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I don't feel any more sorry or less sorry for them than for any other woman who has trouble conceiving.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Geez - that is a really sweet sentiment.

Life does not always allow you to have babies when it is convenient i.e. how about having the right partner/father? Hmm? That is helpful.

Maybe all 40 year olds did not wish to start making babies at 19 (no offense to all you 19 year olds!)

I am almost 44 and I was BLESSED with a baby. I after many losses I am sympathetic to the 40+ crowd that cannot conceive.

Oh and P.S. I does not matter how old the father is.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 4:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Why does it matter so much to you if a 40 yr old wants a baby? Mind your own business!
    Anonymous

• nope.
    Anonymous

• In her case yes, she should hire a surrogate.

Anonymous

• Yes and no. I do feel bad that they can't have the child they so desperately want, but I do think that all women need to be more informed about their fertility. I think that with the advent of fertility treatments women feel that they have all the time in the world and that if they can't do it naturally there are other ways of getting pregnant. But because they don't know much about the "other ways" they are unaware of failure rates, the financial costs and the emotional costs of them. I have no problem with older moms, but we all as women need to be aware of the pros and cons of having our children at various ages.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• well it depends if they are 40 and just started trying to concieve then A LITTLE o but if they been trying for years then yes.

UM MY FATHER IN LAW HAD TWO KIDS IN HIS 60!! SPERM DOESNT GROW OLD LIKE EGGS DO,. ALSO MOMS IN TEHIR 40 ARE MORE LIKELY TO CONCIEVE TWINS!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2010