Another health problem? Are you serious?

My doctor told me today that I have Raynaud's disease. It is a condition that affects the hands and feet by restricting blood flow. Because of this new condition, they are checking me for autoimmune disorders. Will the tests never stop?
So who here has heard of this condition? Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have it.. You are the only other person I have encountered that has it.. I went through all those tests too but all of mine came back fine, so my dx has stayed as Raynaud's Disease and not Syndrome because it isnt secondary to another issue.
    But my hands and feet are always like ice. Most times people can be given a prescription for a vasodilator or calcium channel blocker because they will help open up the blood vessels in your feet and hands. (Same meds given for high blood pressure)
    I cant take them though because I have low blood pressure.
    It's not anything major, just annoying as long as you dont have any other medical issues along with it.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 6:16 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I've never heard of it, but thanks for the tip.  I will mention it to my doctor since my thyroid checked out ok, and my hands and feet are ALWAYS cold.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Yes, i know of it. It can be brought on by stress as well as cold temps, and smoking is a big no no because it decreases your circulation and causes the arteries to constrict.. One of the biggest signs is color changes of the skin, it changes from white to blue to red... The mayoclinic has really good information if you want to read up on it a bit more..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Well, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one. My doctor said it was such an oddity that it wasn't something he had ever seen in the flesh before. He is having me tested for any underlying causes. Especially since I have a ton of other health problems that have crept into my life in the past year. He thinks they might all be connected.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I have it. My hands and feet are always cold, even in the summer. Sometimes it happens when I get stressed or anxious. My neurologist diagnosed me with it a few years ago.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:14 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• If you think about it and care too, send me a message when you find out the results of your tests. I hope everything turns out ok..

Beth, does your stand alone or is it caused by another condition?
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 4:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2010