What do your kids' parties consist of?

Do you do just cake and presents? Do you have a meal? Play any games? And in what order do you do things? Cake before presents? Cake after presents? Presents first and foremost? Tell me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• meal,gifts,games,last is cake while openning presents,but we have 70-85 people on averege
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• She is only turning 3. So far it's just been family, food, cake, and presents. This year we are taking her and some of her friends to The Grand Siera. They host birthday parties, they have games and all that.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 5:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• It is just us and we serve a cake after dinner. They do get their gifts earlier in the day, though.
    I've always kept them low-key because I've never wanted them to be overwhelmed with big parties and expecting lots of presents every year. I also did not want to feel obligated to have to purchase each party-attender with a gift when their birthday came around. Their closest friends and our involved family members were always thought of, but I didn't want to do "obligatory" gifts.
    For their 16th birthdays we gave them each a $300 budget to plan what they wanted. Sylvia went to Glamour Shots, Samantha took some friends to Busch Gardens for the day, and Kathie chose to spend all hers on clothes.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2010