• In the Spotlight:

Christians, how do you pray? when do you pray? do you ever feel unconnected?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I pray several times a day. My prayers vary. Sometimes I say prayers that I know like the Our Father or Hail Mary. Most often I just say what ever words come to me at the time. I usually start out by giving thanks to God. Sometimes I definitely feel more connected then other times.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I just speak to Him... I just talk to Him ... usually Holy Spirit leads me ..
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• how do you pray? In private, in my home, in services. I speak from the heart, i thank him and if i need help w/something, I ask. I never say the our father.

when do you pray? in the morning, before bed and before meals. Also if we're going out somewhere.

do you ever feel unconnected? Never.
    Anonymous

• Ths HOLY SPRIT  guides me in all my prayer when I get up I say good mooring JESUS I stay in the SPRIT  of prayer all the time.. When i go to bed I say good night JESUS and HE has all my problems..  I can pray any where and for any thing the HOLY SPRIT  tells me to pray for...  NO I am in the HOLY SPRIT so HE is with me all the time some tims stronger than others.. that is my fault .. JESUS is the only way to get saved and I just give HIM all my sin and HE takes them and gives me Peace for ever...

Anonymous

• God is always with us, so I pray all the time, as if He was a visible person in the room. I talk to Him. I ask Him things. I tell Him how much I love Him and I thank Him. I confess when I mess up.

If you are feeling unconnected you might have some sin in your life that you KNOW you need to get rid of. Our sin separates us from God and if we are postponing obedience we will feel it. Pray and ask Him to reveal to you if you need to get rid of something in your life that is bringing you down.

The more you pray the more comfortable you will feel with it. It isn't about the act of praying, it is about talking to the person of God. It is a real relationship.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:08 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I tend to pray conversationally. I have a hard time keeping it formal. I also pray consistenaly throught the day.

And yes I do feel unconnected. I sometimes do things that I know God doesn't approve of. In those times I feel the disconnect. I feel like I need to get back on the path in order to be where God wants me.

But I never feel unconnected in the sense that He doesn't hear me. I know He always hears.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2010