My 2yo not staying in bed all of a sudden...

For the past 3 weeks, my almost 3 year old has not been sleeping in his bed all of a sudden. We have tried just about everything. He falls asleep there (or on the floor in his room by the door) and when he hears me go to bed, he gets up and wants to come with me. We have tried just putting him back to bed without saying anything to him, and basically ended up pacing back and forth between the hallway and his room for 6 hours a night for a week. We have tried a "bedtime box" with nightmare-fighting tools, new nightlights, a slightly later bed time, everything I can think of. I am going to put his bed into his 16 month old sisters room tonight and see if that helps. I feel bad for her, but I don't know what else to do. Does anyone have any other idea, or any input on sharing the room? Thanks!

supershlea

Asked by supershlea at 5:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a 26 month old and 5 year old and would never have them share the same room... sleep for both kids is too important. I would just stick to your guns and keep walking him back in. We've fallen asleep with him in his room before and he's woken up to come get us too... but walk him straight back in.

Have you thought about a door lock? One of those baby locks? Not sure if your potty training yet so that might be difficult.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 12:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2010